Taped Audition: Registration due – February 6, Winners Recital - February 21
Select Students Piano Competition By Video recorded Auditions
Deadline for Submission of Recordings February 6 , 2021
Videotapes will be placed online and open for public by February 21.
The New Haven Chapter CSMTA is organizing a Select Students Open Competition (by video recorded auditions.)
Students entered should be of honors caliber.
• Age 10- 13 performances may be a maximum of 5 minutes.
• Age 14- 18 performances may be a maximum of 7 minutes. Only one selection or sonata movement may be presented, eliminate repeats, especially in sonatinas and sonatas.
As in any competition, judging is subjective and the decisions of the judges are final.
Each winner will receive a $10 E-Gift Card and videotape will be placed online and open for public. The top 15+ files will be considered “winners”. Winners will not be categorized by 1st, 2nd, 3rd place, etc. The CSMTA reserves the right to publish winners’ names, and/or teacher’s name in the newspaper.
1. Students entered should be of honors caliber. No elementary and early intermediate level pieces.
2. Entrants must have studied with their teacher for at least 3 months prior to the competition.
3. Students must be age 10-18.
1. All entries must be received by February 6 (no exceptions), allow plenty of time for mail.
2. Registration form must be completely filled out and signed by the parent, signed by the teacher and submitted by the teacher in one package.
3. The $15.00 fee ($30 fee for non-member of the CSMTA (New Haven Chapter) must accompany the registration form, check payable to CSMTA, New Haven Chapter.
1. Music must be performed in its original composition, arrangements not accepted. Music must be memorized.
2.The contestant’s face and hands must be seen at all times. Students have to announce their names, title of the piece and composer before playing.
3. Time performances with a stopwatch. Recordings submitted with inaccurate timing or no timing may be disqualified.
4. The teacher should listen to the recording before it is submitted.
JUDGES AND EVALUATIONS:
1. Judges are experts in this field of music.
2. Decisions of the judges will be final.
3. All comments or questions should be posed to the monitor.
SUGGESTIONS or COMPLAINTS:
Please make all suggestions and/or complaints in writing addressed to the current New Haven Chapter President. All letters will be forwarded to the chairman of the next annual competition.
2021 Application Form:
Make copies of this application form if you need to, for each student:
Send this form, and $15.00 fee ($30 non-member of the CSMTA (New Haven Chapter) to Yelena Gerovich, 14 Timber Ln, Woodbridge, CT 06525--- by no later than February 6, 2021. Teachers should collect the fee from their students and mail ONE check (payable to New Haven Chapter, CSMTA" (non-refundable.)